Subject: Re: UKNM: Banner creative and Yell awards
From: Lee Rickler
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:45:25 +0100

>In my view if you are going to give awards for banner design then you
>should do so based on results.

<snip>

>Ray Taylor
>NMC/Adplan

Total rubbish !!!

Just because a banner, or any other product, produces a large reward,
finacially or whatever, doesn't mean that it's actually any good design/
technically wise.

What if a real dodgy banner was produced and slapped on all the major
search engines, MTV, Pepsi, Disney and other major sites ? You're gonna
get results whatever because of their prestige.

If a banner was produced that was totally beautiful and slapped on, say,
my Summer Festivals site, (summerfestivals.com) it doesn't matter, you
still aren't going to get a big return on your investment.

If you hype something up, it'll sell.

Lee

* -- leeaturbanmediadesigns [dot] com -- *
* -- urbanmediadesigns.com -- *
* -- djindex.com -- *
* -- summerfestivals.com -- *
* -- and soon ... wwvinyl.com -- *