Subject: RE: UKNM: Herpes, pregnant women and other custom publishing
From: Andres Varela
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:41:28 +0100

projects...
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:27:04 +0100
Sender: owneratchinwag [dot] com

I doubt that it's created by a third party but the word 'insidious' used in
the last posting made me think of the McDonalds kids site, McDonald Land...

Where for example children can download McDonalds jingles in a range of
musical styles from:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/mcdonaldland/funstuff/jingles/index.html

Having a quick look round the site there's one section which uses a movie to
promote its new range of Tamagochi HappyMeals. At the top of the page they
(their lawyers?) have put the words:

'Hey kids, this is advertising'

in teeny-tiny font. Makes me wonder that if they think of that as
advertising, what's their view of 'Eating Right With Willy Munchright' in
another section, or the 'McDonalds Characters Matching Game'...

-A/

Andres Varela - The Electronic Fundraising Company
5 St Mary Abbot's Place - London W8 6LS
(t) +44 171 603 7737 (f) +44 171 603 7481 (m) +44 7970 833404

http://www.millions2000.com/