Subject: Re: UKNM: Scoot
From: Sam Michel
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:41:29 +0100

At 06:10 AM 7/30/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I thought this was a closed conference - if you're posting on comments made
>here I hope you've got the individual permission of each contributor...

It's a moderated conference, but I wouldn't call it closed as membership is
open to anyone, although an interest in marketing through new media helps.

>From memory, if you're posting an email to a mailing list, although you
retain copyright, you're allowing free distribution of your email by
posting it in a public forum. I suppose I should add the legal-ese version
of this to the welcome message (although I doubt it would be that
welcoming!), but I wanted to avoid the legal gobbledegook. I can add it if
there's a strong feeling...

Of course, it's good form and polite to seek a poster's permission before
forwarding on something they have written, this also goes for making sure
that when quoting someone's email you attribute it to the correct author.

[here's hoping I haven't opened a can of worms here...]

Toodle Pip

Sam
Chinwag - http://www.chinwag.com
ICQ Pager: 4561042