Subject: Re: UKNM: Herpes, pregnant women and other custom publishing projects...
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:30:54 +0100

siobhan wrote:
> i guess the problem is whether the health information is unbiased... drug
> companies want to make a profit after all and they might be more concerned
> about pushing their products than giving people independent advice

There is a big difference between sponsoring content creation and
creating content. There is also a question of ownership. If the content
is independently owned and/or produced and the producers know what they
are doing I cannot see how accepting sponsorship advertising can cause
any problems.

And if the sponsor owns, manages, and produces a site exclusively to
peddle their own products then nobody will use the site because it will
be boring and so they still won't get very far with their wicked plans
to force their nasty drugs on an unsuspecting and stupid public.

Ray Taylor