Subject: Re: UKNM: ATTENTION: New Business People
From: Alice Taylor
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 14:37:43 +0100

> >If you have this much contempt for your
> >potential clients, I shudder to think about your attitude towards
> >actual users.
>
> So. Either you're saying that your project is going to be the usual staid
> html and gifs or you're just too lazy to jot down a few lines of text.

HTML and gifs are staid? Only if you don't know how to design for web.

> If the project isn't going to have a jot of originality involved then why
> should we bother worrying about it ? If you are too lazy to spend 10
> seconds with a pen and paper then what effort are you going to put into
> the project ?

Web users are renowned for their patience, aren't they? And since when was
originality synonymous with Flash/all-gif display?
Users use keyboards, not pens and paper.
Clay is absolutely right. Look vs accessibility and download speed have been
the primary debate since the beginning of designing for the web, and
embedding your company information into a gif or a flash movie ( still ) is
not the best idea.
Company information is not entertainment.

Alice.

Alice Taylor
http://chat.channel4.com
Stor Entertainment Ltd