Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: UKNM ATTENTION: New Business People
From: Chris Locke
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 17:30:34 +0100

At 01:50 PM 7/5/99 -0000, you wrote:
>In regards to Clay's comments about the state of UK New Media industry.
>They seem to provoke feelings in me that I want to share:

<snip>

My God. Two voices of reason on UKNM in one day.

(I'll mark this in my diary.)

Where Dorian is completely right is in pointing out the inequal division
between tech/design in this country. In a previous conversation with Clay
(both off-list and in-pub) Clay referred to the fact that we have this
English culture of 'boffins' as techies, and that this mitigates against
technical staff. It's exaggerated and stereotypical, but he's right.

What are a lot of Flash-led agencies going to do, let the designers sit
around waiting for the Macromedia Flash plug-in for mobile devices?

Chris.