Subject: RE: UKNM: Beenz
From: Rod Begbie
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 18:59:47 +0100

> The fundamental problem with Beenz is that it's being used in two
> competing
> ways. In one way it's a sort of an air miles loyalty points system, but
> then it's also being used as a bribe ie visit our web site and get 1000
> free Beenz which completely devalues the product.
>
> It's great for small boys who want to collect beenz so that they can then
> chat about them in the playground but are these really the people
> you want
> to attract to your web site.

It's not entirely dissimilar to the MyPoints program which has been running
for many a moon. Small amounts of points available for visiting websites,
slightly more for signing up for free things, and a sliding scale for making
purchases. It is North America only, though. http://www.mypoints.com/

rOD.
--
Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |