Subject: UKNM: Legal disclaimers
From: Harry Warner
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:45:34 +0100

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can help. Our company has just been quoted �1000
by solicitors for drawing up the terms and conditions of sales we make
through our website. Fine I thought- expensive but probably necessary.
Now though I visit BestofBritish.com and find that their terms and
conditions only go as far as statements regarding their SSL, delivery
policy, refunds and a simple statement about contracts of sale being
subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts; basically real simple
stuff... On the other hand confetti.co.uk has fairly extensive T&C- long
winded legal jargon.

Does anyone know whats going on here? Wer'e on a pretty limited budget
and �1000 is a lot to pay if the BOB approach will suffice.

Thanks,
Harry Warner