Subject: UKNM: Legal disclaimers
From: Harry Warner
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:45:34 +0100

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can help. Our company has just been quoted 1000
by solicitors for drawing up the terms and conditions of sales we make
through our website. Fine I thought- expensive but probably necessary.
Now though I visit BestofBritish.com and find that their terms and
conditions only go as far as statements regarding their SSL, delivery
policy, refunds and a simple statement about contracts of sale being
subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts; basically real simple
stuff... On the other hand confetti.co.uk has fairly extensive T&C- long
winded legal jargon.

Does anyone know whats going on here? Wer'e on a pretty limited budget
and 1000 is a lot to pay if the BOB approach will suffice.

Thanks,
Harry Warner