Subject: Re: UKNM: Brighton Rock
From: Anna Pedroza
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 20:09:37 +0100

> Trevor May <trevoratre-flex [dot] com> wrote:
>
> >Anyone fancy tapping an as-yet badly managed/marketed area, then? It's
> >odd really, considering Brighton considers itself the most 'wired' place
> >in Britain.

Just a few facts on Brighton and the fact it's not a dormitory town .....

Wired Sussex is an economic development agency promoting new media
companies located in Sussex. We have mapped over 400 new media companies
located in Sussex (check out our new media directory which lists them on
www.wiredsussex.com) and estimate that 2 thirds are based in Brighton. In
total these companies employ over 2000 staff and work predominantly with
blue chip companies not located in Brighton or Sussex.

In addition the scale of the cluster means that smaller companies can
easily call on the skills and resources of other companies often based just
round the corner. I am sure many of you are aware of the PR agency
Midnight Communication who are based in Brighton and were included in our
new media factfile last year and said: 'There's a whole wealth of new media
talent in the Sussex area - and it's on our doorstep whenever we should
need it.'

I rest my case :-)

Anna
______________________________
Anna Pedroza
Project Manager
Wired Sussex

www.wiredsussex.com

----------
> From: Ray Taylor <tayloratnmcadplan [dot] com>
> To: uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com
> Subject: UKNM: Brighton Rock
> Date: 08 July 1999 14:53
>
> Trevor May <trevoratre-flex [dot] com> wrote:
>
> >Anyone fancy tapping an as-yet badly managed/marketed area, then? It's
> >odd really, considering Brighton considers itself the most 'wired' place
> >in Britain.
>
> >If that were really true, would I spend 3 and a half hours of my day
> commuting?
>
> Which brings us on to the question of location, remote working and
> telecommunting. Lots of people live in Brighton and work in London or the
> surrounds. How can anyone bear a 2 hour commute?
>
> easyEverything shops might well provide adequate facilities for someone
> stuck in town between meetings to catch up on some mail, etc. But why are
> there no remote-working facilities in dormitory towns?
>
> There are currently over 1,000,000 home workers and remote workers in the
UK