Subject: UKNM: RE: Comments on 'Worst Site'
From: John Braithwaite
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:04:25 +0100

OK, OK, Waterstones is not the Worst site I have seen - I just
was amazed at how horrible the colour combo of Pastel Purple and Black
could be (and I had looked at it just before I received the 'digest').
The frames do it no credit at all and the two reasons why I though it
failed is:

1. Waterstones is a BIG company with plenty of cash. They should
have got it right by the third time. How are they supposed to compete
with the On-line e-tailers with a site like that?
2. I wouldn't browse it (reading black off Purple would do
anyone's head in!) and therefore I wouldn't buy from it.

But there are other culprits.... let me think... I'll get back
to you.

Also, on another note, my comments about designers (and there
are definitely 'good' designers in the marketplace who have some concept
of e-tailing and marketing) still stands. There are too many that place
aesthetic and perfection over delivery and solution.

JB