Subject: RE: UKNM: Free or Cheap Web Hosting
From: Bunder, Leslie
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 23:06:30 +0100

There are certainly plenty of free hosters out there and there are also some
cheap hosters out there!

If you get yourself a free ISP eg: Freeserve, UK Online, et al, they all
come with space anyway.

Best list for all of this is www.webhostlist.com

I host my home page at www.bunder.com via a host in the states called Webcom
at www.webcom.com which costs $24.95 a month.

Personally, if you are thinking of doing a decent home page for yourself, it
is always a good idea to pay some money for the hosting, not only will you
get full support, but then you will have a contract which will detail how
your host guarantees the service. Often for the freebies, there are no
service level guarantees.

Leslie
Leslie Bunder
Project Manager, TDL InfoSpace
e-mail: Leslie [dot] Bunderatinfospaceuk [dot] com (work) or leslieatbunder [dot] com (home)
Web: www.infospace.co.uk
tel: 01252 390516 (UK) +44 1252 390516 (outside UK)
mobile: 07010 701967 (UK) or +44 7010 701967 (outside UK)
Thomson House, 296 Farnborough Road, Hants, GU14 7NU