Subject: UKNM: How to deal with rogue websites
From: Jo Chipchase
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:51:58 +0100

I'm writing a feature for Internet Works on 'rogue' (anti-corporate)
websites and how companies should deal with them.

I'm thinking of the likes of MacSpotlight, Untied Airlines, British
Scareways, etc.

It would appear that a laissez-faire approach (rather than litigation) is
best, as a prolonged court case simply draws attention to the rogue site (a
la Mac Spotlight). Providing answers to the issues raised on the rogue
site would seem to be another sensible strategy.

Opinions please. :)

Jo.