Subject: Re: UKNM: Poor web site design
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:00:36 +0100

Paul Douglas wrote:

> Jo Chipchase wrote:
> > You could perhaps say the same for website awards (e.g. Yell). I bet Joe
> > > Public would make *very* different selections to the new meeja folk who
> > > decide who to nominate... heh heh. :)
>
> Then Duncan Clubb wrote:
> > Good point - in fact, take a look at the Yell 'Internet mag readers award'
> > nominations and see if any of them appeared in any other category! Having said
> > that, the nice new meeja folk gave us two nominations, so I'll shut right up now.
>
> So what's your opinion on the Web design of the overall winner (UK Web
> Site of the Year)?

Frankly, I find the idea that the people behind the abomination that is
http://www.yell.co.uk consider themselves worthy of 'judging' other
sites, ridiculous.

at least they finally managed to rid of some of their text gifs after
six months.

and I won all the other awards anyway. :)

stefan

--
/**
Stefan Magdalinski mobile:07931 376142