Subject: UKNM: New Business
From: Steve Mattox
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:32:20 +0100

Casper wrote:

>The main issue for me here is: who would be training you? In order for >you
>to help the company sort out issues such as employee training >you'll need
>to have a very good understanding of your client and that >takes time (and
>effort) to develop.

HR resourse.

He raises a very good question and one which there's no easy answer to -
though any prospective clients would want references from us if they're
sensible.

However, we have many years of hands-on broad HR experience - latterly in
dotcom land. Believe it or not, most companies experiencing rapid or
exponential growth have very similar issues and problems. Just having
someone on your side who can focus on these makes a very real difference.

I believe that our experience means we can make a huge impact from day one,
while absorbing the nuances which makes your business different.

As far as training is concerned, you'll always be in a better position to
identify technical training issues. However, we can add value to soft
people skills like managing people, coaching, interviewing staff,
performance reviews and staff motivation. We also have a useful role in
feeding back to you what your employees may not care to tell you. Even the
most laid back, benign employer has issues like this.

But, yes, you're right - like in any business, it's important for both
parties to invest time in understanding each other before starting the
relationship. We don't propose to let clients pay us while we learn about
them.

Kind regards

Steve

ScreamingMedia the leading global technology platform for
the aggregation and distribution of digital content over the
Internet, is now operating in the United Kingdom.
Get relevant and customised content to attract visitors
to your site and keep them there. Click Here!

http://adcenter.in2.com/cgi-bin/click.cgi?tid=31036