Subject: UKNM: Nice one yell!!
From: Christian Robbins
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:03:52 +0100

Dear All

As we all like to show off when a site designed by ourselves receives
accolades from within the industry the latest .Yell top 10 sites of the
week does once again prove how fictitious this really is, with the Odeon
cinema Web site (www.odeon.co.uk) coming in at No.6, for a one page site,
with the message 'coming soon'

Could it be the chart compilers at .Yell have already seen the completed
version, and like it so much they have given the intro screen a top 10 rating.

I also seem to remember a few people within the industry mentioning a
golden rule that nothing is more annoying than a 'coming soon'
announcement, with no mention of exactly when coming soon is, or in fact
being able to leave an e-mail address to receive notification. Bad
Marketing i feel!

Sort it out Yell

Chris Robbins

Christian Robbins
Sales Director
IMI Net Limited, 656 Fulham Road, London. SW6 5RX
Tel: 0171 731 8555
Fax: 0171 731 8666
e-mail: chrisatimi-net [dot] co [dot] uk
<http://www.imi-net.co.uk>