Subject: RE: UKNM: Wasting time on tenders
From: Paul Murphy-Education
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 17:11:59 +0100

That kind of "fishing" is not uncommon and I think reflects on what
clients see as an opportunity to receive a free education at the
consultancy's expense and time. It falls into the same category as free
pitching. I imagine that as long as there are lots of companies chasing
limited business and clients don't really understand what it is that
they want, write crappy vague briefs and act in a totally indecisive
manner then it will continue to be the norm rather than the exception.
What can you do?