Subject: RE: UKNM: Wasting time on tenders
From: James Tarin
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 17:07:40 +0100

The market is certainly mature enough to pay for ideas alone. However, that
does not mean that every company running a pitch or ITT will be prepared to
pay for candidates to participate.

Whether you are prepared to pitch without a fee all depends upon how much
you want the business.

In some circumstances we may be more willing to pitch for a piece of
business that is offering no pitch fee than one that is offering one (all
depends upon the relative merits of the work). Although I must say that I
think that the fairest and most productive way to conduct a pitch is to
offer a fee (or to ask for one in our cases).

James