Subject: Re: UKNM: Internet marketing to a 'pink' audience
From: Glen Collins
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:48:01 +0100

The only data I've seen recently is on the new(ish) GVU Internet User
survey (http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/user_surveys/), which states:

"Of those users who specified, 85.76%% stated that they are
heterosexual. This figure is slightly lower than
the result from the previous survey (92.61%). Out of the other choices,
2.99% reported being bisexual,
3.67% gay males, 1.16% lesbian, and 0.24 transgender. (Note, the "gay
male" and "lesbian" responses
would each be selected by a single gender, whereas the other categories
could be selected by both
genders.)

There were no major differences between European and US respondents,
between men and women (other
than for gay males and lesbians), or by experience level.

There appears to be a slight difference by age. The 26-50 age group is
less likely to be heterosexual than
the other age groups, but only by 2-4 %. "

Glen.

--
Glen Collins

http://www.foresight.co.uk