Subject: RE: UKNM: Credit card fraud
From: Dominic Taylor
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:44:55 +0100

On a similar note, Amazon.com are offering guaranteed cover for your $50
liability, if your credit card is used fraudulently.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/help/security%2Dguarantee.html/0
02-6600812-5242667
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/help/security%2Dguarantee.html/
002-6600812-5242667>

We have hundreds of transactions a week through our site and have never
had any cases of fraud reported. However, I do think there is a
lingering mistrust of e-commerce which needs addressing, which is why we
will be implementing a similar guarantee to Amazon .

On the other hand, the reverse psychology is that just by mentioning
credit card fraud, you could put some doubts into potential buyers'
minds.

Dom
Dominic Taylor - Marketing Manager - BioMedNet Ltd.
The Internet Community for Biological and Medical Researchers
Middlesex House, 34-42 Cleveland Street, London, W1P 6LB, UK
Tel: +44 (0)171 323 0323, Fax: +44 (0)171 631 0819

dominicatbiomednet [dot] com (mailto:dominicatbiomednet [dot] com) WWW: http://biomednet.com

BioMedNet2 now live at http://biomednet.com