Subject: Re: UKNM: Credit card fraud
From: Alex Balfour
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 14:09:58 +0100

At 17:01 24/06/98 +0100, Steve Johnston wrote:
>Nope, and I will be astonished if you manage to get any examples.
>
>If in the unlikely event that you do, however, ask the following
additional question:

>"Did the consumer actually suffer a personal financial loss as a result?"
>
>How about real examples when the transaction was insecure?

fow what it's worth I was blaze (accent not rendered) about credit card
fraud until disingenuously named "Internet billing company" removed 250
pounds from my VISA account in amounts of around 8 dollars a time over a
two month period. I assume this was the result of an insecure transaction
(I know I made one or two last year). I got the money back from VISA,
largely I suppose because it is unwilling to make a song and dance about
card fraud.

Alex