Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: marketing spam
From: Ross Sleight
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:58:04 +0100

Steve,

I wonder what the return actually is - in comparison to the return of
mailing interested parties? And the number of pissed off people who
would never touch your product or comapny again because they had to pay
to connect to download their spam..what is the loss of future business?
And what penalties you the spammer may have to pay? One spam on one
network then banned or fined etc.

I mean, Earthlink got USD 2 M from Wallace

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,20583,00.html?st.ne.1.head

Surely ISP's are the way to stop spam - we'll never stop it at source
but this is a way (or Bigfoot :>?)

Just as Steve has, I attach an e-mail I sent to BT Net when I was
receiving spam consistently through last week from someone using their
service ...if we are encouraged to report spam then ISP's will
investigate (and stop it as this individual has stopped)...or we just
mailbomb the spammers...:>

Bests

Ross

RE: [Fwd: Congratulations - Were You a Winner?]