Subject: Re: UKNM: The invisible banner?
From: Matteo Berlucchi
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:45:18 GMT

Chris Moisan wrote:

"Non-Clickable Banners ?

Doesn't this take web marketing backwards to the old advertising models where
accountability was only measured via awareness research. Banner click thru's may
be low but at least they are measurable. We are continually looking for ways to
make internet marketing more accountable as that is the way the market (and our
clients ) are going. The internet is best used as a discrete 1:1 measurable
media as opposed to a broadcast brand awareness medium

Chris Moisan"

If I offered you 100.000 non clickable impressions at 5 pounds or the same
amount of clickable ones at 20 pounds, which one would you go for?

Internet marketing is driven by commercial sense, not just analytical issues.

Matteo
--
Matteo Berlucchi
Head of Marketing Hyperlink plc