Subject: Re: UKNM: who's updating what and how ??
From: Paul Douglas
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 15:40:03 +0100

>Greg Crockart:
>I personally would rather have a time delay between information
>appearing in one medium and then appearing 'tailored for another
>medium'. Bashing up a press relase quickly is not the most important
>issue here.

That depends. A someone who works in the press I can say that being able to
grab a press release as early as possible from a Web site is _hugely_
useful. Like Leslie, I went to the Sky site in search of an offical release
and was mildly surprised to see nothing there. Compare that with sites that
put up releases in the press section along with a selection of images for
download, email contact addresses for further questions, etc. Like
http://www.nokia.com/press/index.html for example, which even goes so fas
as to offer CMYK'd images in TIFF format.

Paul