Subject: Re: UKNM: who's updating what and how ??
From: Greg Crockart (Hyperlink plc)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 19:30:16 +0100

I can understand that this this might be the case for some people. My
experience in the past was that press releases (or information usually
published in traditional format) was usually sent to me anyway (usually
via e-mail or fax). In cases where this didn't happen I was able to ask
for it to be e-mailed or faxed within minutes.

The main point for me is that putting the responsibility for getting
content online in the hands of people who are producing the traditional
content will not alway create the best Web content. I think that content
placed online should be created specifically for the Web and fear that
handing content mamangment to people who are only used to using Word
will not lead to the best online content. I agree that this does not
alway apply (in instances where you *really are* just looking for
duplication of off-line content), but why not make the most of what the
Web has to offer users?

--
Greg Crockart E: gregathyperlink [dot] com
Marketing Account Manager T: +44 171 240 8121