Subject: Re: UKNM: More webwashing
From: Geoff Inns
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:39:33 +0100

Ouch. Good point though. Have long said that the cost of producing a
banner - �1500 and UP - is too high. Less spent per banner creation = more
impressions bought? Nope: less spent per banner = more banners tailored to
the sites they are going on, so instead of putting 2 banners on 10 sites we
could put 5 banners on 5 sites and get far better response.
All these banner discussions (head connects with wall) - someone set up a
site please where we can post all this banner stuff and next time someone
mentions it just send them there. I'm sure banner discussions are linked to
the lunar cycle.

Banners are here to stay 'cos they are cheap and cheap = easy entry to
market. The fact that most banners are shite has many causes, price being
one of them. Yes, banners will get better and will do whizzy things, no I
don't know when.

Geoff Inns
Business Development Manager, Guardian Unlimited
We do our banners ourselves, we do. And they're jolly good too.