Subject: RE: UKNM: UK is leader in e-commerce
From: Greg Baker
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:42:03 +0100

I have to agree with some of your sceptism Sam, I can see why certainly
BA (having used it on a repeated basis) is rated in the world's top
sites, but as the 5th best user of e-commerce? It would be intersting to
see what parameters the list was based on, certainly I would bhave
expected to see Dell in the top ten (based on the quantity of funds that
they are generating from their e-commerce push. The list (and expecially
the headline) also conflicts nicely with the recent AC report into
European e-commerce that I'm munching my way through currently that
seems to find Europe still way behind the US on the level of general
acceptance and in it's resistance to the new transaction medium.

Greg Baker
Creative Director
Deep Need Technology