Subject: No Subject
From: Chinwag
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:51:13 +0000 (GMT)

Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:12:42 +0000
From: "Mark Curtis" <markatchbi [dot] co [dot] uk>
To: <uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com>
Subject: Re: UKNM: new yell site
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:13:11 -0000
Sender: owneratchinwag [dot] com

I'm shocked.

We devised Yell alongside YP, and designed the original (long since gone and
probably very '95, but in 95 that was forgiveable). The download times on
the new version have gone haywire. Could be teething problems but if it
isn't sorted the future doesn't look yellow.

One interesting move is that they have massively downgraded the importance
of the web search/directory, and put the on-line yellow pages to the fore. I
think this is a shame - they were up and building the brand well before
Excite and Yahoo launched UK specific versions.

Maybe their stats showed that the UK web search was less used than the
yellow pages service. Either way, both are practically unusable now. What a
shame because this should be a flagship service and a UK owned portal
contender.

mark curtis
[ strategic solutions director]