Subject: Re: UKNM: freeserve numbers - comments anyone?
From: Tomski
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:28:21 +0000 (GMT)

>In only eight weeks since its launch, Freeserve has attracted more than
>475,000 accounts (*) making it the UK's fastest growing internet service
>provider (ISP). Freeserve has grown ten times faster than any UK ISP,
>with an average of 8,500 people joining the service every day.
>
>Soooo, whaddya reckon?

sounds about right IMO - they completely stopped promoting it in
store/newspapers over a month ago, probably because they were worried about
the uptake.

i think the freeserve partners deserve serious respect, both on the 'having
the balls to go for a free service' and the 'climbing a huge tech mountain'
fronts.

I just wonder whether they'll have the guts to market the service over the
christmas rush...

___

http://www.tomski.com
tomattomski [dot] com