Subject: UKNM: Internet Marketing
From: philip gusterson
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:20:07 GMT

I work for a PR agency out here in Japan. One of my clients is an Internet
Marketing/Advertising company. They are pioneering a number of techniques
which I believe are unique to Japan. We have 2-3 million mobile phone users
connected to the Internet via their handsets in Japan. My client is
designing marketing strategies and proprietary software to reach them. For
example, when you walk past Starbucks you would get an email to your phone
offering you a free coffee if you pop in. There are many more "point of
space" and "point of time" marketing techniques being pioneered in Jpaan
right now. Basically I think people in the UK would be very interested to
read about what is happening in Japan since in the area of mobile
communications marketing Japan is leading the way. Can anyone recommend
appropriate publications for me to pitch the story to? Or am I just out of
touch and this is happening in the UK too? I'd be really grateful for any
input.

Many thanks,

Philip Gusterson
philipgustersonathotmail [dot] com