Subject: RE: UKNM: Is it just me....
From: Jo Chipchase
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:57:18 GMT

It certainly sounds illegal... but surely it's not a UK site and will
therefore be governed by another country's law? UK adult webmasters can't
get away with anything stronger than 'soft' pornography because of the 1969
Obscene Publications Act. Please could I have the URL so I can see where
it's hosted?

Jo.

At 17:15 24/11/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Are we all forgetting what most children call a cat?
>Try that word and see what happens.
>After using this word (on an un-named meta based search engine):
>I was shocked to find a site where I was two click away from one of 30 live
>video feeds, which showed people doing everything, no credit card number
>nothing the site also offered pics of children, for a price. I was shocked
>to think my 10 year old sister could find this site looking for innocent
>things. If you want the URL e-mail me off list you don't want that on the
>list, its giving money to people promoting criminal acts. I feel its a
>problem that is no going to go away on its own, human nature is such that
>people will always want. Freedom verses protection of teenage minds that
>will search such things out not anything I am going to go in to but a site
>like that one begs to be banned.
>
>Richard Bailey

Can-U-Hack-It
Internet, editorial & publicity services
* www.canuhackit.net * www.ukpress.org *

Seminars, exhibitions, networking events, parties, conferences.
Finding it difficult to keep up and plan ahead?

Sign up for Chinwag's weekly new media events newsletter,
all the events you need to know about, direct to your inbox.

http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/e_index.shtml