Subject: RE: UKNM: Re: (Please Help) A European naming convention
From: Lorraine Eaton
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:07:50 GMT

Off the top of my head:

I'd have to say that it's probably best to get the convention ready as you
would prefer it in the future, where domains are far more descriptive. But
run it in parallel until then the market is ready. Launch the structure with
known method - 'folders' so as not to limit reach, whilst planning in the
move to the new method according to published sources that mention the URL,
pages could just redirect until then?

It could be worth asking the search engines you are registered with for a
breakdown of searches relating to your brands?

Personally - I would like to be linking to brand microsites with their own
URLs that still uphold the company brand and image where this is of strength
to the brand - but then this all depends on what the brands are!