Subject: RE: UKNM: User Testing
From: Richard Somerville
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:26:22 GMT

Robin, if you are looking for quantitative consumer research about your/a
specific website, I'd recommend you approach NOP (Richard Jameson 0171 890
9234, r [dot] jamesonatnopres [dot] co [dot] uk). They are the only reputable market research
agency to have developed and used a proper test (WebCheck). They should
have normative % data by now, too. Millward Brown could also do something
if you want an alternative (Sarah Hicklenton 0171 896 1999
sarah [dot] hicklentonatmbi [dot] co [dot] uk), although I'm not sure how many live tests they
have done to date.

If you're looking for a qualitative (focus group) consumer approach, try NOP
(above) and Research International (Alex Johnston 0171 656 5000,
A [dot] Johnstonatresearch-int [dot] com).

If you're looking for a more in-depth, ergonomics-style audit, Adam Pallant
is an independent consultant who has developed and used approaches with
several clients. I'll need a bit more time to track down his details - mail
me off-list if you'd like these.

I'd also add that the same caveats apply to this kind of research as to
advertising testing -chiefly, research the right audience(s) and bear in
mind the actual purpose of the site when writing your
questionnaire/discussion guide.

Let me know if you need anything more

Bests

Richard

Richard Somerville
Research Manager
BMP interAction
Tel - 0171 644 2500
Fax - 0171 644 2518

The views expressed are not necessarily those of my employers