Subject: UKNM: BOL.com/Yalplay - strange happenings at
From: Chetan Damani
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:46:34 +0100

I just ordered 5 copies of customer.com and 5 copies of information
rules both only about �6 on BOL,
they also have the same books priced at slightly higher price - I don't
understand how, I see the ISBN no's are different, but both books are
Hardback and the same, Amazon don't have two they only have one - Now BOL
came back to me saying you can't have them, why they don't say. I just got
some standard crap.

On Yalplay I placed some items into my shopping cart, went to checkout,
registered, no confirmation nothing, was received I ordered the books I even
saved the HTML page of the order, what happened they said you never placed
an order with us.

Why do all these multi-billion pound companies not give a hoot about the
technical/functional aspect of things, why do they just open up an
e-commerce store and then go "yeap sorted we are up there we understand the
internet", why ??

Every time I shop from Amazon.com, they deliver or they say sorry but its
out of stock what ever, why can't any of the other billion dollar e-commerce
sites do the same.

If this the reason Amazon.com are worth billions more than the rest, is this
why people visit amazon.com and go back to them time and time again.

PS Has anyone had any strange things happening to them whilst at amazon.com,
or am I right they are perfect.

Chetan Damani
Imano plc - Built for the Web