Subject: UKNM: RE: UKNM Digest V1 #721
From: John Braithwaite
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:33:55 +0100

Sender: owneratchinwag [dot] com

Oh, sure. Poorest country on Earth gets its
GDP increased tenfold for the next 20 years,
but somehow it's been "poorly advised" ?

There are some things in life which outrank
your mild irritation over domain names. Get
some perspective.

In any case, what do I care if people want
to shell out for a .tv address? Darwin'll
get 'em in the end.

John Handelaar

John, firstly they aren't the poorest country on the Earth. Secondly they
are not getting their GDP increased by that amount, they got a lump sum
(again, not a bright move). Thirdly, they have sold out their right to have
a country-specific domain name for companies that actually work there,
opting out of that part of the digital economy.

You are right on your second point - why don't we all go home? Pack up
everyone - after all what's going on in Palestine, Zimbabwe, Burma are far
more important..... Sorry if you feel that 'losing perspective' is just
giving some thoughts on the relevant and current discussion of domain name
issues which, given this discussion list, doesn't seem to far off the mark.
Duh.

On your final point - are you a consultant? I just wondered because what
they usually do is take your comments, rephrase them and then repeat them
back to you.... I hope that this particular gem was free!