Subject: Re: UKNM: RE: DIXONS - FREE SHARE
From: Nick Sellors
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:48:54 +0100

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:26:34 +0100, Ross Sleight
<ross [dot] sleightatbmpinteraction [dot] com> wrote:

>Thought the below was interesting - comments anyone?

Well, it will probably affect a lot of the cheaper/lower end
domestic-user ISPs but I doubt it'll have much of an impact on the
business user/community.

Since Planet/Energis are providing the
backbone/telecoms/infrastructure for it, I'd say Dixons is the brand
name to sell it to the masses and they get their profit from a
kick-back from Energis based on the number of minutes of dial-up
time.

Seems like all parties involved should win in the short term but I
wonder what'll happen when the next round of telco-interconnect
negotiations take place in the near future.

N, speaking in a personal capacity.

--
Nick Sellors nick@ derby.org
http://www.derby.org/nick/