Subject: RE: UKNM: Search Engines
From: Sue McCarty
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:51:25 +0100

Possibly - although there has to be a way they can click through to our site
as it could be as equally annoying for those that want to go through - I am
not totally in agreement that they are a complete waste of money, I do
however think the price will come down dramatically in the near future.

Rgds Sue

>>> kpolleyatuk [dot] brodeur [dot] com 09/21/00 11:26 >>>
Banner ads are often just viewed as an irritant or detractor on many
website pages. I gather their placement on the web page is also an issue,
as if they are at the top of the page, people often scroll down to read
information and their impact is lost. Many web design companies are now
advocating their placement in the middle or lower down a page. I think the
most 'friendly' banner ads are of the call back variety where you click on
the ad because you are interested in the product, a box pops up and you
enter your details and when you want to be contacted re. the enquiry. Once
you have submitted the details you are directed back to the original site
and can carry on browsing. This is good for the user - you aren't moved
from the site of primary interest - and good for the host site as the
traffic is not directed away from it.

[Sam says: msg chopped]

The biggest, best Chinwag Networking party...ever...
**27th September 2000** put it in your diaries now
RSVP to http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/party.shtml
To sponsor the event email spareanychangeatchinwag [dot] com

generously supported by...
*** DoubleClick *** http://www.doubleclick.net
The leading provider of comprehensive global Internet
advertising solutions for marketers and Web publishers.