Subject: Re: UKNM: RE: Taking your baby to the boss
From: will rowan
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:42:49 +0100

Hi

Another (lay-person's) thought
2 October sees the introduction of the human rights act. Any prior
understanding
of your situation will, I think, be altered in your favour

Will

Ben Hunt wrote:

> A couple of things to look out for here, (speaking strictly from a lay
> point-of-view, and may be shooting very wide, but here goes):
>
> Check your contract of employment for a clause relating to 'inventions' or
> suchlike. It may state that the intellectual property of any such
inventions
> etc. remain the property of the company if you were to leave.
>
> If so, you need to consider when the development on your site was actually
> carried out. If you are employed on a salaried basis, it's my
understanding
> that it is most likely that anything produced during your employed hours
are
> the property of your employer. If you were paid on an hourly basis, then
the
> ownership is much more open for debate, according to the terms of your
> contract.
>
> In the case that you did all the development at work, you may be rogered
on
> that score, but remember that it may be in your employer's interests not
> shaft you over, particularly if there's still valuable information locked
in
> your head. It could be bad PR for them to half-inch your brainchild,
unless
> of course they see that they aren't doing that cos it's totally their
legal
> property.
>
> : )b
>
> Ben Hunt
> Producer
> Poulternet
> ben [dot] huntatpoulternet [dot] com
> www.poulternet.com
> 0113 383 4200
> direct: 285 6469

[am says: msg chopped]

The biggest, best Chinwag Networking party...ever...
**27th September 2000** put it in your diaries now
RSVP to http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/party.shtml
To sponsor the event email spareanychangeatchinwag [dot] com

generously supported by...
*** DoubleClick *** http://www.doubleclick.net
The leading provider of comprehensive global Internet
advertising solutions for marketers and Web publishers.