Subject: Re: MIDI and Flash
From: Audiohost
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 18:27:01 +0100

Hi Michael:

the problem with your approach is that you have to limit your audience to a
specific MIDI plug-in, because you can script for only one specific plug-in at
a time. Scriptable MIDI plug-ins are Beatnik (http://www.headspace.com) and
Crescendo (http://www.liveupdate.com). You would have to provide two versions
of your page for each of them, and probably a third for people who run
something else.

It doesn't seem a very good idea to me to try to sync MIDI and Flash, because
your Flash movie will perform differently on different client configurations
anyway. So, the most you could achieve is a synchronized start. I would
recommend that you organize the loading sequence so that the MIDI file loads
before the movie. Then you can use the playing MIDI music as a background for
download waiting time of the Flash...

Greetings,

--
Tom