Subject: flash screensaver (again)
From: Seven2000
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:27:51 +0100

I know this was mentioned before, but I'm wondering what was the final
outcome. Was it ever established whether you could or couldn't create a
screensaver in Flash? Well anyway, I don't remember what the final verdict
was, but I just downloaded a pretty awesome screensaver, yes it was made with
Flash, from http://www.thirdstage.co.jp/~hirano/discord/

Created in part by Mr. Nagafuji of imagedive.

I downloaded the zip file. It was just the tiniest bit over 1MB. I extracted
the files and it consisted of one .exe file and one .txt file. Needless to
say, I couldn't read the text file (Japanese). I double-clicked on the .exe
file and I
got a little box with Japanese in it and an "okay" button. I clicked on
"okay"
and then the box disappeared. Checked my display panel and lo and behold,
there it was. Previewed it, and was very, very impressed. Of course, I don't
know if everyone likes the "imagedive style" but if you do, you may want to
check it out.

Now what I want to know is how he did it!!! Anyone here know?

James