Subject: Re: avi optimization
From: Chris Auman
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 18:44:49 +0100

It sounds like you should probably take a different approach. Using Flash
is used because the files sizes are so small. Maybe you should just build
the frames in another app. like Ulead and then make them an avi and just
skip Flash all together. I don't understand why you would make a simple
annimation an avi and not just keep it as a flash file?

Sorry.

> This may be a red herring but would it stand up as an animated GIF
> _if_ you used something like Ulead to optimise it ? I've never even
> considered using AGIFs for large sizes like this but given the lower
> colour depth and the fact that much of it may be able to be optimised
> out it might just work ?
>
> Mark

>_________________________________
>Subject: avi optimization
>Author: colinmoockaticeinc [dot] com at INTERNET
>Date: 08/04/98 22:48
>

>I've got a very simple test flash movie that I'm exporting to AVI, but
>the file sizes are enormous.
>
>A 10K .swf file is 22megs as an avi. And it's only black and white line
>art.
>
>I use 8 bit colour, at 640x480, and have tried a few of the different
>compression formats offered by Flash, but there must be two dozen of
>them and some of them return an error about not being able to handle a
>bitmap. The ones that do work seem to have no effect on the file size.
>
>Anyone know how to export a .fla file as a reasonably sized .avi?
>
>TIA,
>Colin

Chris Auman
Webmaster/Graphic Designer, Converging Technologies
Ohio.com http://www.ohio.com
Phone: 330.253.9524 x17
Fax: 330.253.8214
Email: chrisatohio [dot] com (mailto:chrisatohio [dot] com)

REAL News. REAL Information. REAL People.
The Knight Ridder REAL CITIES Network
See our cities at http://www.realcities.com