Subject: Re: News.com article on PGML (followup)
From: John Dowdell
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 22:25:20 +0100

At 1:12 PM 4/13/98, paul wrote:
>Hey, check out:
>http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,21031,00.html?st.ne.fd.gif.e

See, Paul? I *told* you you were fast... you even beat out news.com! <g>

>News.com has a story about the PGML stuff. Intresting to note that Adobe
>is positioning it to be an inline format much as .gif and .jpeg is.

It would be nice to be inline and in the flow of the document. Right now,
though, XML processor/displays are usually bound to a Java rectangle.

>It will be interesting to see Macromedia's offical reaction/position
>on this.

There isn't an official statement yet, although folks here were talking
with folks at Adobe while they were drawing it up. More news soon.

btw, I was very impressed by how quickly listmembers got to the core of the
proposal... some of the comments on Friday were startling spot-on,
particularly the distinction between markup languages and delivery formats.
Good stuff!

jd