Subject: Java plugin hassles with IE5 :)
From: Christian Cook
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:41:04 +0100

http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/11760.html
<http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/11760.html>

just read in wired that the bare minimal download of IE5 will have no
Java support. This will require a download by the user if they go to a
Java site.

Sounds familiar.

<utopia>
so if Flash becomes a standard and Java will require a download by a
great many IE5 users, then it looks like we may get to turn the tables
on Java. Imagine Clients saying "Java?? But what about the download?.
No, just give us a Flash version and be done with it, at least that is
standard." ;)
</utopia>

ok ok, so I know that if they strip java from the bare minimal version,
then Flash support may not be in there either (If it ever is) but it's
late afternoon- time for dreams.

Time for a splash of cold reality in the face me thinks...pass the jav..
er the coffee I mean.

Christian
mailto:ccc.isluk.com <mailto:ccc.isluk.com>
http://www.isluk.com <http://www.isluk.com>
isolated? Feel the ambience: http://www.soton.ac.uk/~web/
<http://www.soton.ac.uk/~web/>