Subject: Re: FLASH: button Movie Clip
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:06:18 +0100

Hi deww,

> Ok, this will be my last post on this subject. I put the .fla file up. If
> someone has the time to take a look at it and tell me what I am doing wrong
> I would be very grateful. Below is a discription of the problem I am having.
> http://www.sharehouse.com/new/test/
I tried to download your fla but was unsuccessful.
HTTP and Email both requires MIME for reliable servering of files and
there is no MIME setting for FLA files. If the MIME is not set a file
may get corrupted in a transfer. This may be the reason that your FLA is
not useable on my PC. The other possibility is if you are on a Mac then
you may have left the fork in the file. When transferring FLAs via HTTP
or Email, it is best to compress the file with Zip compression.

I made the Flash Central Anonymous FTP site available to solve the
problem of transferring FLA files for Flashers who need help solving
technical problems. FTP does not use MIME in transferring files.
ftp://206.107.180.51/