Subject: Re: FLASH: UCON'99
From: Phillip Kerman
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 02:19:09 +0100

I'd echo David's endorsement. Though I've only attended three previous
UCONs I can say it's worth the investment (of time unquestionable, and of
money). The only downside is the cost of hotels in SanFran.

They really treat you well at this conference. The Macromedia employees are
approachable and easy to spot (they wear special t-shirts or something).
Most sessions are well prepared and insightful. Occasionally someone gets
up there to sell something--but they practically get boo'd off the stage!
The main stage includes sessions which should get you PSYCHED! You walk
away really excited about what's coming. The "Sneak peaks" are not to be
missed. The tradeshow part is great--where else can you find a whole
tradeshow targeting this industry?

I guess with all that positive stuff, I should include some balance. It's
expensive--but you get meals... (and beer). Also there are computers all
over that you can access. You kind of feel like royalty.

Maybe I'm biased too... as I'm getting in free in exchange for a
presentation I'm giving (on JavaScript/Flash
http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/events/ucon99/program/sessions2.html#am
cbjf ) But I sincerely believe if I had to pay I would.

Flash has the most momentum behind it right now, so that's even more of a
reason to go.

See you there!

Phillip