Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash in QT4
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:51:05 +0100

Hi Christian,

> tried viewing an .swf in QT4, I used the .swf from:
> http://www.doughtyhanson.com/index2.htm
> which uses a looping load sequence to pre-load the main section of the menu.
> In QT4, the skip intro button doesn't work. The movie stays on frame one and
> plays the movie clip successfully that is there but the play button on the
> QT button flashes as if playing and stopping eternally. the only way to get
> this movie to run properly as it does in the Flash player is to stop the
> movie and frame advance onto the menu and then play, which the user is never
> going to realise or be prepared to do.
> Anyone else found any incompatibilities. Good to see MCs supported though.
There seems to be 2 things to consider when adding Flash to QT4.
1) No Load Movies
2) QT 4 is has strick time management this means frames in Flash will be
dropped to keep QT on schedule.
To prevent the dropping of Frames you can you can set the playback mode
of the movie to "play all frames", which will emulate the playback mode
of Flash Player.