Subject: FLASH: Flash & VB a match made in heaven?
From: Robi Banerjee
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:44:55 +0100

Title: Flash & VB a match made in heaven?

Hi Russell,

Integrating a swf into VB5 (for I would really recommend VB5 because of its "IntelliType" features) is very straight forward.  You only need a basic understanding of VB to get started.  The basic premise is that you:

1. Include the Shockwave File Properties in VB
2. Import your shockwave file
3. Use FScommands to talk from the swf to VB
4. You call the "NameOfControl"_FScommand in VB to catch the FScommand
5. Then you can use the properties of the control to do whatever you want with the swf (all the tell target functionality can be done)

If designed right it can be great, because you can bring all the thinking (business logic) into VB and it gives you an easier (no more clicking in tons of telltargets) and more powerful way to control the swf, and you still have all the great bonuses of Flash(quick easy animation).

Let me know if you want more detail or if I need to expand on this.

Robi Banerjee
www.kishmish.com
Robiatkishmish [dot] com
315-491-5722