Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash 4
From: Eric Smollin
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:21:09 +0100

David Gary wrote:
>If the above is true, I see nothing of that much importance so far.
>
>What about:
>
>3D support(basic)?
>Tell targeting audio timeline frames(more sound control)?
>Form fills?
>More gradient control(New, more vector tools)?
>AVI,MPG,MOV support?
>Third party(plug-in support)?
>
>-DG-

<snip>

I have been keeping a close ear to the grapevine on the issue of Flash 4
supporting 3D, and from everything that I have heard so far, it will not.
Granted, I have not heard anything directly from a Macromedia source. I know
that there are Macromedia folks on this list, can any of you comment on the
new functionality in the Flash 4 beta?

Regarding 3D support, one possibility is that MM is opting to ignore it
because there are third party aps that already render 3D. Many of these
companies have developed (or are planning to) plugins that will allow the
export of 3D in vector format. Right now, Adobe Dimensions and Rhino 3D both
export vector sequences (.ai I believe). Hopefully in the near future other
aps will have the ability to export 3D vectors as well.

Eric Smollin