Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: those little download proggys (was QT4 to SupportMacromedia Flash)
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:12:41 +0100

Hi David and all,

> > (I'm NOT saying that you can install multiple
> > copies of single license software on multiple machines.)
> Then dont worry about it, because that is all piracy is.
> Bottom line: One license, one copy.
Not neccessarily.

> When you buy software, you're not really buying a product, you're buy the
> license to use the product.
It is always a good idea to read the license agreement.
Most software allows you to make a backup.
Most allow you to transfer the program to other media for installation.
Other software allows a single user to install the same software on
multiple computers as long as only one person is using the software.
Some software licenses are based on how many simultaneous users use the
product.
Some only care about how many computers the software is install on or
available to.
As you can see what constitutes a single license or how many multiple
user licenses you need depends on the exact contract.