Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash logo test / Color Matching
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:16:02 +0100

Hi Johnathan,

> If you look at the moving logo the color does not
> match the background ! Can someone please tell me wht
> flash changed the color

Note, that light gray is not a web safe color so there is no guarantee
of a match or even a close color on 256 monitors. With monitors set at
16 bit colors the colors will be close but may not match exactly. At 24
bit color the background does match. This would look better if you broke
the bitmap apart removing the outside of the bitmap. and usd the flash
background as the background.

Of course it would look better and would be scaleable at the same time
if the whole image was converted to a vector. It wouldn't make matching
that light gray work for every 8 bit and 16 bit monitor, since they all
have their own way of dealing with colors that are not in their
palettes.