Subject: FLASH: RE: David Gary's site [was Mr Gary Stop your spamming!!!]
From: sahlan cherpitel
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:07:20 +0100

Dear David,

cheked out your site when your url came up to see what all the fuss was that
dominated the digest

first time i've had my screen taken over that way, not sure i like it as i
don't even look at my own stuff at 1600 x 1200, a common complaint as i've
noted in these digests

however, i'm very impressed with your animation, very polished

also enjoyed reading your life

like a number of your font choices but not the justification---have found
that flash is rather mediocre in text handling and its manual kerning is
behind other programs--tedious

sounds like you may have used the same harley sound bite that i use on one
of my flashes

the regular music at least on the intro became annoying fairly quickly & i
had to shut off

again however i am impressed with the intro mainly & you are clearly a
gifted person

i also liked reading your philos in your bio---interestingly, that section
held me more than the others, partly because i feel that the most successful
sites have the sense of a real person behind them

so despite my quibbles, which are of course subjective as all such are, i do
appreciate your work

& it's not just because i personally 'can't draw with either hand' as was
also said of my design mentor herb lubalin (who was mainly a lefty)

kind regards,

sahlan

orig msgs (edited):

From: david <david [dot] bastedoatmaclaren [dot] com>
Subject: Mr Gary Stop your spamming!!!

on 4/18/00 10:35 AM, David Gary at dgarystudiosatcfl [dot] rr [dot] com wrote:

Dear Mr. Gary, you are making this up. I have never responded to your web
site, other than looking at it - it is quite lovely - but, after receiving

>If you are receiving this letter it is because you have personally
>responded
>to my Website "Full Throttle". (http://www.davidgarystudios.com). I do not
>solicit email nor do I support email solicitation so if you feel you have
>received this by mistake, I do apologize.

flasher is generously supported by...